Friday 20 September 2013

Forever Ends Here: 100 Times Over (Review)

All the way in Sydney Australia  with today's band, Forever Ends Here, a four piece Pop, Punk band.



Their new single 100 Times Over.
Pop punk is my genre so I always love it when I get the chance to review it and when I heard of Forever Ends Here I couldn't resist!
You know when you hear a song for the first time and straight away you are tapping along to the drum beat? Well that's exactly how I felt listening to 100 Times Over for the first time. I just couldn't help getting into the song, it's catchy but not in an annoying repetitive way. From start to finish the guitar riffs were upbeat, catchy, fact and just so amazing I found myself playing air guitar along side them! I also love the change in tempo from fast to slower, the rhythm guitar dropping out and leaving the lead and so on. At first listen, I didn't understand everything Luke was singing, and this bugged me a bit as clear vocals is important to me. Luke has a sweet almost pop-like voice that at first I wasn't sure if it worked, but my mind has been changed - the more I've listened, the more I've got into his singing style and decided it in fact works really well! The lyrics remind me of Pop Punk legends All Time Low, which is a good thing. 'It's over when the bomb drops, a ticking time bomb in a world of make believe'  is a lyric I really love. I don't completely understand all the lyrics but I don't think you need to understand every lyric for it to be a good song.
The more I've listened to Forever Ends Here the more I've become addicted to them. It's always great to find a band who put their own twist on the genre, do their own thing and Forever Ends Here definitely have!

I'll be keeping an eye out for these guys in the future as I can see them going far!

Listen to 100 Times Over here

Chick Forever Ends Here Facebook here



No comments:

Post a Comment