Monday 15 July 2013

Rumours: Just a Kiss (Review)



I'm back in the UK with 4 piece rock band Rumours! The band only forming this year means this is their debut single.
Just a Kiss.
I always try to go into a song without knowing anything about it, so I had no idea what to expect with Rumours, I was definitely presently surprised.
I was met with a sweet, catchy rock song that had a great energy that made me want to dance and sing at the top of my lungs. I was trying to think if the guitar riff that starts the song sounds like any other band I know and I couldn't think of anyone, there's a great energetic originality about Just a Kiss.
Vocals, are not the kind that pull at your heart strings but make you smile and really get you into the song. I've listened to a lot of rocks song and I can find the vocals don't always fit the genre that is defiantly not the case here, Alex's vocals fit this upbeat song perfectly. The lyrics will be going around my head for days, they are definitely the kind of lyrics that get stuck in your head. They're quite simple but not repetitive and easy to learn so you'll be singing along before you know it.
Just a Kiss is one of those songs I could imagine hearing live and everyone jumping up and down, singing as loud as they could as it's just one of those songs that lifts your mood instantly.
It's a great feeling when you find a song that's just great, the guitars, drums, bass, vocals, lyrics all fit together in the right way that just works and Just a Kiss is definitely one of them!

At first I didn't know what to expect from Rumours but I can say if that's their debut I can't wait to see what's next!

Listen to Just a Kisshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWVD0w9BFwI
Check out Rumours Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialrumours

Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment