Tuesday 12 March 2013

CityLights: The Way I Feel (Review)

In St. Albans today with the lovely CityLights and their song The Way I Feel!  Formed in 2011 originally as a 2 piece band  have been touring all over the country, added a 3rd member and been getting ready to release their mini album in June. CityLights don't describe themselves like most bands saying pop/rock or whatever as I found out when I asked member of the band Ric "We don't describe ourselfs  we let others try and guess -we write happy songs for happy people"
Before hearing the band for the first time I knew a lot of hard work had gone  into their music so I was expecting good things. Straight away the acoustic guitar riff has me tapping my foot, as it has a happy and upbeat feel about it. I think the best way to describe Ric's vocal style would be a happy and energetic Ed Sheeran! His vocals are sweet and just really nice to listen to, plus I feel I could sing along with him with ease which just adds to my liking of the song. The lyrics do get stuck in your head or that might be because I've had on repeat for so long! Simple, sweet and catchy the lyrics just keep the whole happy thing going as I can't stop singing along!
I've really enjoyed the originality of the song as I can't think of a song as simple and so bright and lively! I've always liked simple things that are acoustic guitars and vocals and that's what this song is and is why I shall be listening to it for some time as it reminds me a lot of summer (Which with all the snow I'm missing)

Have a listen for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pCuSMH1vJ6Y
Check out the bands Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WeAreCityLights

Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment